Friday, September 14, 2012

A year ago

Scottie Marie

A year ago....
Chris and I were driving up to San Francisco to try to save our little girl.
The 5 never seemed so lonely or long.
Our phones were buzzing with phone calls or texts of prayers and encouragement
from those that are closest to us.

I feel like it was ages ago, but also as if it was yesterday.
It is so hard to put into words the feelings that I am experiencing today and over the next few days.
Every detail of these days, a year ago come flooding back.
You think you have healed, but pain sneaks back into your heart.
Conversations, smells, food, music...all as if they are happening now.

A year has brought a lot of change for our little family.
Tested our faith, our beliefs, and our relationships.
We have grown.
From such devastation, Chris and I have really grown as people
as a couple
as parents
and in our faith.

Scottie will always live in our hearts
and has changed us forever.

3 comments:

Annie said...

Sweet friend, praying for you today. Much much love. This was beautiful

Emily said...

I can't imagine to know how you are feeling, but please know I'm praying for y'all. XO

The Yarbrough's said...

awww such a sweet post Heather. I was hesitant to read it...I knew it would make me sad. :/ I can't believe it's been a year. I'm thinking of you girl. I wish sooo bad you lived closer.