The one security I had was that the boat could not approach the whales with in a 100 yards. However, I did not realize that that the whales had no restrictions. I am pretty sure the whales knew I was on the boat and thought they would play a little trick on me.
Chris was looking over the side of the boat and saw this huge shadowy monster under the boat. The captain pointed out that it was a whale and it would be surfacing right next to the boat. I started praying and letting God know that I did not want to be the next Jonah.
Sure enough, that whale surfaced with in 10 yards of the boat, gave a little slap and tail wave. After that appearance, I tended to stay in the middle of the boat and enjoy looking at the whales from afar. In all, the trip was a lot of fun. It was so intriguing to see these mammals living in their natural habitat. Below is a short tid bit of what we saw.

4 comments:
Oh my goodness I cracked up when you wrote that you did not want to be the next Jonah! Too funny! That would have freaked me out a bit too, especially so close to the boat. Your video clip was awesome! I think I would love for my boys to see the whales one day in life. What an amazing experience!
Wow I would have been scared out of my mind. Thats crazy but it does sound fun. I love your recap of the trip and the whale coming up next to the boat. Yikes. Gives me cold chills. Its really neat.
AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What an amazing experience!
Work from home India
Post a Comment