Once we had established that I was in labor, I climbed into the bed and the Nurse asked me if I wanted an epidural at that moment. My answer "Yes please" if I do not have to feel any pain then the better off.
The Nurse left to find the anesthesiologist. My Mom in Law arrived and not 10 minutes later my Dad arrived. Both just could not believe we were in labor. The Nurse came in with anesthesiologist and I received my epidural. I was surprised at how much it did not hurt. The worst part was when he pulled the tape off. Nothing mattered at that point, I had the happy juice and was so ecstatic.
Chris, Mom n Law and I discussed that it would be best that Chris and Mom n Law went back to our apartment to grab items that we would need. The list included: Stuff for Nash, toiletries, pillows, computer, camera, extra clothes, and Christmas Movies. When Chris and Mom n Law left to get the stuff, it was just my Dad and I and he pulled a chair up next to my bed and prayed for me, Chris and baby Nash. At this moment, I could not have been more happy. The only person that could get us through this moment was God and my Dad knew exactly what to do and where to go.
My Mom and sisters arrived while Chris was gone. My Mom and Maddie were full of energy, Micah looked like a walking zombie. We were all talking and excited and delirious from no sleep. Chris and Mom n Law came back with arm fulls. It was 3:30 in the morning and my Dad decided to head back to the hotel with the girls. Maddie really wanted to stay, but my parents felt it was the best thing for everyone that she go back and sleep.
Everyone started to settle down. I knew I needed to sleep before the big pushing came around. Now Chris and I had not taken any classes, we were signed up for them and they started on Dec. 1. Well having a baby before Thanksgiving really does not do good things when you have everything planned for Dec 1 or after. So not having any classes, the only things I knew about labor and delivery was from what my friends told me. The one thing I remember them telling me about the epidural was that I would not be able to feel my legs. So when the contractions started getting stronger and I could feel them and could lift my legs up.....I knew something was wrong.
I called the Nurse in and told her. She paged the juice doctor who was this little old foreign man. He came back and asked "Can you feel your legs?" I lift my legs straight up. "You amaze me...I give you all this medicine and nothing." He pumps in the topper and says "If you still feel your legs in 20 minutes call me." 20 minutes go by and nothing. I buzz him. "I just do not understand. I have never seen a woman like this" In my mind I am thinking oh great.....I am broken and I am just pumping myself with medicine. He fills the bag with extra topper. Finally, I could not feel my legs or the contractions. So this would go on the rest of my labor. I would have two hours where I did not feel a thing and then it would wear off and I would have to ask for more. I became very swollen and the pressure from all the extra water was extremely painful. Hence why I look so puffy in all the pictures.
Around 6 am the doc came in and checked where I was. I was at a 5-6. So he said it would be around 2 that afternoon. What?!?!?!?!?!? So we all tried to sleep, but I was so uncomfortable that I never got any sleep. The doc came back around 9 and checked me again. I was an 8-9!
Yea! So the nurse started getting us ready to start pushing. However, I asked for my epidural because I was able to feel everything. The juice doctor (who was a different person now because they went through a rotation shift) came in to give me a topper. But he did not know that I needed the extra strong dosage. So when it came time to push all medicine had left my body. Oh how I would like to forget the pushing and delivery.

1 comment:
I just found your blog and have became a follower!!
Your little boy is gorgeous!!! My little guy was 5 weeks early too and weighd 6lb9oz!
Also, my epidural DID NOT take and I felt absolutly everything!!! They still don't know why it didn't work!!!
Congrats!
Post a Comment