Monday, July 4, 2011

Moving Day - Part 2

Well everything is here and all the essentials are unpacked.
The house is coming together nicely.
I feel like every room is a blank canvas just waiting for me to paint/decorate it.

We had all the main living areas painted (both ceilings and walls) this beautiful tan with a gray base.
Depending on the light the room will sometimes look more tan and then other times it will look more gray. I was nervous Chris was not going to like it, but he has loved everything so far. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Last night was our first night in the house.
You really do not know your house until you are living in it.
Let me explain what we have found to be wrong so far:
- gas is not turned on from the street to our house
- anytime you plug a light into one of our bedroom outlets, it shorts all the outlets in our bedroom, which means no lights in our bedroom
- the granite is not sealed
- they wired our internet jacks to be phone jacks in the electrical panel
- the vent for the oven is not properly sealed
- there is only one outlet in the master bath....how Chris and I did not see this before is beyond me
Even though we are finding things right and left, we are loving every minute of this experience!
It is so fun to discover these items together and it be a house that you own.
I told Chris last night, "I wonder when it will feel like we own this house instead of renting."
We have rented 10 places in the last 4 years of marriage. So I guess my brain is just wired for renting.
However, today while I was unpacking my kitchen and opening up packages that were still wrapped from our wedding, it started to sink in.
This place is really ours.

So let me give you a little tour.
Mind you, we are still moving in and almost every room is waiting on furniture or
my personal touch.
Kitchen from the entry way.

Kitchen from the dinning room

Dinning Room
Chairs are on their way
Rug and Curtains are still yet to be decided on

Living Room from the kitchen
Oh so much work to be done.
We have ordered a new sectional sofa, however it is on back order til who knows when.

Living Room from Front Door

Piano Room/Den
The keyboard is in here until we can get Chris's Baby Grand out here

Upstairs loft

Nash's Room
Screaming for help!


A Guest Bedroom


Our bathroom from our bedroom.
Yes that is a sheet hanging, the blind guy comes tomorrow.


Our bedroom
I think this is the next room that will be worked on.
We are in need of a dresser and a bed.
Can you tell?

No comments: