Around 1 am, Chris finally made his way to bed. But before he climbed into bed he checked the phones to see if anyone had called. We had 8 MISSED calls.....several on my phone and a bunch on his. They were from his coach (Skipper, Manager.....whatever you call them in Pro Ball). We were heading to Louisville!!
There went my quiet night and catching up on sleep. I was wide awake. The lights flipped on, lists were made, and packing began.
What were we going to do? We had two cars, I am pregnant, Chris has to be in Louisville by tomorrow evening, I am flying out to CA in a week for my brother's College Graduation tickets were already bought, I have a doctors appointment on the 16th and Chris's parents had just bought tickets this morning to come see us in Raleigh in about a Month.
Chris called to see if he could drive his truck up to Louisville and he could!! One thing off the worry list.
Now what did he need for the next three weeks. An air mattress, clothes, all his baseball stuff, medicine, toiletries, sheets, pillow, blanket, coffee maker, coffee beans and anything else we could fit in his truck.
Plans were made fast. I would stay behind, hire movers, get out of our lease, call a new apartment (luckily I had one already set up from spring training), call the Internet people to cancel, and call our parents.
Normally, I pack everything myself, we hire movers to load it up and our parents come out and help us drive the moving truck to its new destination. This time it is different. I am PREGNANT!!! That means no heavy lifting. Luckily, we did not unpack very many things and most of the heavy stuff is all packed up. But Chris and I are going to have to hire movers for the whole process this time. I guess it is a perk of being pregnant, not having to deal with the move, just hurts the pockets a little bit.
About 2:30 am we finally hit the sack. We laid in bed and prayed. Prayed for safety, prayed for strength, prayed for wisdom, and prayed God will continue to bless our house. Chris fell asleep right away, me on the other hand was up just thinking about everything that is going to happen in the next month. I am not sure I got any sleep. The alarm went off around 7 and Chris got up. I followed slowly behind him. We packed his truck up and off he went. I walked back up the three flight of stairs, waved to Chris from the window and then looked at my apartment. It was a mess. And the tears just started to pour down my face. Most likely because of pregnancy hormones but my husband was leaving and I would not see him for three weeks.
These are the rough moments in Baseball.
Boxes are in the middle of the room
Tubs are dumbed out
Clothes all over the floor
And a refrigerator full of food.
(It is Watermelon season....look at all that fresh Watermelon)

4 comments:
Oh my goodness Heather! I will be praying for you as you organize everything for the move. I remember when Kelly and Luis moved up to L'ville, and I watched the girls so they could just get it packed up. I know we haven't met, but reading this I wish the team was still here. My hubby and I would have been glad to help.
It will all come together! Congratulations to your Chris!
Congrats! Call-ups are always worth all the extra work. :)
www.baseballwifeblog.com
how life changes in an instant for you guys! my thoughts & prayers are with you as you make the move...again!
CONGRATS to chris & on this new adventure!
(btw, i was only a few weeks along with ellie when we had a big move like this too!)
ps- I'd love for you to share what the move was like for you in a contribution to The Life of the Baseball Wife if you're interested! You can email me at baseballwifelife@gmail.com anytime.
Post a Comment