Friday, July 9, 2010

Show Us Your Life: Favorite Bible Verses

Over at Kelly's Korner, she does a post every Friday that is titled Show Us Your Life. I never participate in these, but I always read them. Today's topic is Favorite Bible Verses and I really liked today's topic because people have sent me several bible verses to help Chris and I in hard times and happy times. I thought I would share with others, in hopes that they touch them also.

Our family verse:
"Rejoice always, Pray continuously, in everything give thanks. For this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." ~ 1 Thess 5: 16-18

A verse that was given to us from a dear family friend, when we were struggling with infertility:
"I will climb my watchtower now, and wait to see what answer God will give to my complaint. And the Lord said to me, 'Write my answer on a billboard, large and clear, so that anyone can read it at a glance and rush to tell the others. But these things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, do not despair, for these things will surely come to pass. Just be patient! They will not be overdue a single day!'" ~ Habakkuk 2:1-3

A prayer and promise for a heart that desires to be a parent:
"I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of Him" 1 Samuel 1:27

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

Love these! I'm glad you joined in! :) xoxo

HollyB said...

Dear Heather, after we spoke on the telly on July 4th, I thought of this one for you, especially regarding your upcoming job of parenting: "God's divine power has granted to us everything we need for a godly life through our knowledge of Him who called us by His own glory and grace. By these He has granted to us His very great and precious promises, that by them you may participate in the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world caused by evil desires. For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith, goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, godliness; and to godliness, mutual affection; and to mutual affection, love. For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ." (Second Peter 1:3-6). I am certain that God's grace will give you everything you need to gestate, deliver, and parent your precious child! Hooray! Congratulations to you and to Chris! xoxoxo from HollyB

Meant to be a mom said...

Beautiful prayers. They are so uplifting. Thanks for sharing!