
My brother left for this Peace Corps this morning. He will be in Cameroon, Africa for the next two years. This is a huge stretch for our family. I would not call our family the outdoor adventurous type. The most outdoors person in our family is Mom and she has not really been able to express that side of her since she has been married. My Dad's view of camping would be in a cabin in the middle of the woods with Internet, TV and functioning bathrooms(this is my type of camping also).
As you have read from earlier posts, Hunter graduated college this past summer and has always wanted to go to Africa to help others. I would have to say he is now the most adventurous person in our family. Chris and I are sad to see him go, and this morning when my Dad emailed the above picture out to the family, I cried. I mean it could be pregnancy hormones, but just knowing that Hunter will be in some remote country for that long with only his skills and God's protection is just unnerving to me. God's timing is perfect as always; the holidays will be difficult this year with Hunter not around but we have a little precious gift that will provide some distraction for my family.
Please pray for his safety and that he is able to enjoy his time over there. Also it might be a good idea to add in some prayers for some peace of mind for my Mom as this is probably really hard on her.
If you want to follow Hunter on his journey you can! He has a blog that he has promised to update. I have it listed on the right but here is the link: Hunter's Blog.

If you want to follow Hunter on his journey you can! He has a blog that he has promised to update. I have it listed on the right but here is the link: Hunter's Blog.
On a happier note, the youngest in our family has a birthday today! Micah Mae (soon to be Auntie M&M) turns 9. Her one birthday wish from me was that I get her a pair of riding boots, "because I know what looks good and Mom just does not get it". It is wonderful being an older sister:) Happy Birthday Micah Mae.....hope you enjoy your birthday in your new dress and riding boots.


6 comments:
Your post today is very touching. I love the fact that you have this admiration for your siblings. Heather every time I read your blog I know that I will be uplifted somehow. I will pray that God will keep his arms wrapped around Hunter through his new adventure.
I'm sure that Micah will enjoy her new boots especially since they were from you and Chris!!
I love this post. Happy Birthday to precious Micah and Hunter will be just fine in Africa. All the prayers over him have him protected :) Hugs to you and your Momma expecially :)
I will definitely be praying for your brother and your family as he is away for the next two years. I'll add his blog to my reader...
Happy Birthday to Micah, what a beautiful little girl!! Praying for your family, I can't imagine how tough that is going to be. Cute blog, just found you and following along!
Congrats and good luck to your brother. Pursuing your passion is priceless!
And, your little sis is such a doll. What a good big sis you are :)
Now I am crying again:) I am so proud of all my children and can't believe how lucky I am to be thier mother!!! I love you Heather
Post a Comment