Our first stop was in Lawrence, KS. At the time of booking the hotel, I did not know this little town was home to University of Kansas. So it was a big a surprise when we pulled into town and it was the Kansas/Kansas St. football game. The college town was out and about and Chris and I decided to go to a local restaurant. The restaurant had amazing onion rings as you can see below and the view from our hotel room was gorgeous.
The next stop was in Denver. This was my favorite time of the drive. We decided to spend the weekend in Denver and see the sites. The weather was beautiful and fall was in full swing. Our first morning we ate breakfast at a golf club and enjoyed the views.
Then we went on a mini hike to a beautiful overlook of the area that we hope to venture to a lot in coming years.
It was wonderful staying in Denver and Chris and I really enjoyed our time there. As we started our drive to St. George, Utah(our next stop) we drove through the mountains. They were outstanding. Snow was starting to form on the peaks and it even snowed on us for little bit of the drive. I was in heaven. I love the cold weather and the snow.
While we were at our last stop of the trip, there happened to be one of Chris's favorite restaurants. Wingers. I happen to love their BBQ sauce, so we ate dinner there and then bought three bottles of sauce to tie us over for the year.
Yesterday around 3:15, we finally made it home. We had a big surprise waiting for us when we arrived at Chris's parents house. Our niece Joella and nephew Leyton were at the house to greet us!
It is so nice to be back in CA. The movers will arrive on Sunday afternoon and we will be able to move into the apartment a few days early. Hope everyone is having a great week!

1 comment:
I love that you guys are spending time together as a couple before the baby comes! Very smart! Those onion rings look awesome btw. And if you are wondering who in the world is visiting you from Moscow, well that would be me. I saw that on your side bar and had to laugh!
~Jackie
Post a Comment