Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Baby Nash is 1 Week Old

Over at Meet the Stonekings, she does a weekly update on her baby and I thought that would be a good idea to do on this blog

I cannot believe that a week ago your Dad and I were sitting in a hospital in awe that you had arrived. You have been our miracle baby from the beginning and still to this day you are. Today you are a week old and there is not a day that goes by that we do not praise God that He has blessed us to be your parents.

Sleep: You are an amazing sleeper. The sleep pattern mirrors your eating pattern. You sleep from 3-5 hours at time. When you sleep, you love your hands. Every time we look over at you, your hands are in different positions, however they are almost always up by your face. This was the same as when you were in my tummy. You love to be sucking on something while sleeping, the back of your hand, a finger or your paci. It will be fun to see what you end up wanting as you get older. At night, we cannot figure out if you like to be swaddled or not. It is still a guessing game.

Feed: You feed about every 3-4 hours. The NICU nurses were impressed at how well you took to breast feeding. While in the NICU, you would spit up the formula that they gave you, so we told them to come get me when you needed to be fed. From that moment you have solely been on breast milk. You like to breast feed, but you also love it when we give you a bottle with breast milk. You are eating about 20 minutes when I feed you and about 60 cc from the bottle. Your Dad feeds you from the bottle at the 5 pm and the 2:30 am feedings. I am so thankful for him and how he has jumped in to take care of you.


Weight: At birth you weighed 6 lbs 4 oz. When we left the hospital you weighed 5 lbs 8 oz. Then when we went to the doctor on Sunday check your jaundice you were up to 6 lb 1oz. Almost back to your birth weight. The doctor was so proud of you especially since you are a preemie. We had to go back on Tuesday to check again and you made it back up to your birth weight!

Yeah Nasherson!!!!! Way to go buddy

Length: At birth the nurses measured you at 19 in. Then when we went to the doctor the first time he measured you as 18.5 in. Now I know you did not shrink, so the nurses must have measured your big cone head. The second visit you measured at 18 3/4 in.

Funniest moment this week: It has to be when we change your diapers. The whole diaper routine has been a learning process. I think we have wasted about 15 diapers in the whole 5 day you have been home. More so because we change you and then you decide to continue to poo while we are changing you. Or you decide to pee on us, the nurse, or anyone else who is standing around.


Milestone: You reached your birth weight and have continued to take a bottle and breast feed. Your belly button has fallen off and you have had 3-6 poopy diapers and 4 just pee pee diapers a day. Because you are jaundice we have had to have you in the sun everyday for 15 minutes and you have done very well. We bathed you twice at home and it went amazingly.
Your favorite toy: At this moment it is your paci if you can call that a toy and the Christmas lights. You love to stare at the Christmas lights on the tree.

Mommy Moments: The minute I laid my hands on you I knew that my life and your Dad's life would change. We have never known a love like this and our love for each other has grown. Everything I was nervous about went out the window. It is funny how things just come naturally. You and I have bonded over feeding and your Dad and you have bonded over poopy diapers. It is so fun to watch you sleep, we even took a family nap the other day. Your Dad and I are so blessed that you have joined our little family.


Nash Christopher you are one week old today and I am already thinking you are growing up too fast.
We love You buddy!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

this is thomas and family....we love the pics...precious little baby! what a great way to spend christmas. we love you all!