5 weeks
It amazes me that we still have not reached your due date
You keep getting bigger and bigger and I want to keep you small
You are getting chubby rolls all over your body
Little munchkin we love you and so excited to spend the holidays with you

Sleep: Every week you seem to change your mind. Sometimes you are comfortable in your bouncer seat and sometimes you want to lay in this little cradle that your Auntie Holly gave us. I just never know where you want to sleep. Of course you love sleeping in our bed or in our arms and one of your most favorites places to sleep is on the couch facing the Christmas Tree. We have noticed that you do not like to sleep in the dark. Some type of light has to be on for you to sleep. Whether that is a night light, the TV or the bedroom light. It has to be on. You are still sleeping only 3-4 hours at a time and still like to grunt through your sleep. Every morning I will put you in bed with me and we will snuggle and sleep like that for a couple of hours. You are just too scrumptious and both your Dad and I love to snuggle with you.
One note: when you are really fussy at night and are tossing and turning if we hold one of your hands and you have a paci, you calm down right away.
Feed: You love your food. We are still breast feeding and giving you a bottle. I am so thankful that you will take a bottle. Your Dad does the 1 am feeding which allows me to get about 5 hours of sleep in a row. That is huge! You favor eating on your left side right now and tend to not eat on the other side. We are going to work on this. However, it does allow for me to pump on that side. You are still spitting up a lot. We keep you up right for about 15 minutes after you eat to help your tummy digest the food. The worst is when it is curdled milk because that does not smell good at all. You eat every 3-4 hours.
Weight: 8 lbs 14.5 oz....20% The doctor is very happy with your progress. It is funny how different your little body looks as you gain weight. I love to see the little rolls grow
Length:20 1/2 inches....15% Your little legs are short and are bowed just like your Dad's legs. You have his body! Your head is 14 1/2 which is 9% so right now you have a little head just like your Momma.
Milestone: You had many firsts this week.
- You are such a strong baby. When you have tummy time you lift your head 90 degrees and if we put our hand by your feet you will push against it with your feet and scoot on your tummy.
- You have started to really smile in your sleep along with making plenty of other faces.
- You experienced your first big rain storm. We were in a flood watch and it has rained non stop for the past 5 days. This is unheard of for So Cal.

- We went to the doctors for the first time without your Dad
Funniest Moment this Week: We went to the doctor this week and you have been real constipated for the past couple of days. He said that you probably have a lot of pressure built up in your tummy. So the doc did a rectal exam to stretch your bottom to help you go poop. When he pulled out his finger, poop came squirting out. All over the doc, the table and even a little on the floor. Your Dad and I were horrified that you had all that built up and it came out like that. The doc should have warned us....it frightened your Momma a little bit. But now we have to do the same procedure at home to help the build up. It has been funny to watch your Dad and I try to help you. We use a rectal thermometer and I just can not stay in the room because I just do not want to see you be hurt so most of the time I run out of the room. Your Dad has been so good. He has been helping you and now it seems to have helped because you are pooping on your own again! Good Job little guy.
Your favorite toy: You love the yellow blanket and still the Christmas Tree and lights. Also you enjoy your bouncy seat. You have started to like you activity mat this week also. You stare at your self in mirror.

Mommy Moments: Your due date is two days from today. I cannot imagine you still being in my tummy. It has been so much fun to have you around and see you grow. I am so glad that God gave us to you early. Especially since you would have been over 9 lbs. I do not think I could have delivered you. Personally I could stare at you for hours while you sleep. I love to watch your face and see the different expressions that come about. You amaze us everyday little one.


2 comments:
He is such a pumpkin! Merry Christmas!
Those close up photos of his precious face are gorgeous Heather. Way to go momma! You are doing so well with your camera.
Post a Comment