You read it correctly!
Chris and I are expecting our second child towards the end of the year.
My official due date is Jan 1st, however with my history this baby could come anytime from the end of Nov to beginning of Jan.
This pregnancy was not planned. Chris and I were completely surprised.
If I am going to be very honest, when I found out I cried out of shock.
Not because I did not want this baby but.....
I just had Nash
This was not fair to Nash
I have not forgotten the pains of labor(everyone promised I would)
All the baby weight gain from Nash is not gone (still had about 10 lbs)
Pregnancy was not kind to me with Nash
How in the world are we going to handle two babies that are 13-14 months apart
What is everyone going to think
This was not fair to Nash
I have not forgotten the pains of labor(everyone promised I would)
All the baby weight gain from Nash is not gone (still had about 10 lbs)
Pregnancy was not kind to me with Nash
How in the world are we going to handle two babies that are 13-14 months apart
What is everyone going to think
After the first few phone calls...to my Mom and my friend Dianna
and balling my eyes out. They reminded me that ALL children are a blessing from God.
"Behold, children are a gift of the Lord, the fruit of the womb is a reward" Psalm 127:3
I should view this pregnancy as a huge blessing.
After the trials, drugs and years of trying to get pregnant with Nash,
God blessed us with a perfect gift when we least expected it.
Dianna told me that with your second baby you will always wonder how you could love another baby as much as your first. But once you hold the baby the love is there.
It is amazing how God works!!!!!
Chris and I are now completely over the moon about this baby.
The fears are still there:
how will we handle two small babies
what does this mean for Chris's baseball career
what do we do about my job once the baby is born
financially...(why does money not grow on trees?!?!?!?)
But the one thing we know,
"I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me" Philippians 4:13
So please join Chris, Nash and I as we celebrate the new life that has been gifted to us!
We would love for you to join us in prayers for the little one and our family.
Praise be to God!



11 comments:
yayyyy!!!!!! :) :) :)
WOW... what an exciting post! I've been following you for awhile now and I'm so excited for you and your family! Congrats :)
Congratulations!! All children are blessings- you just have been blessed sooner, than later :) You all will be in our prayers!
Congrats to you and your famiy
I need to ask you something
email me at kellysavenue@live.com
Oh my gosh, how exciting. I know what you mean about being in complete shock and worried about your first still being so young. But I promise you that they will love each other so much :) I'm just so happy for you guys. CONGRATS!
Congrats! What great news!
Congrats!!
Oh my, what a blessing! I know it must be overwhelming, but many mommas have done it before you, and we know God's timing is perfect. Can't wait to read more about Baby Denove #2 coming into your sweet family! Congratulations!
wow wow wow! that's such a good surprise! wish you could have made it to the reunion this weekend. it was a great time but you were definitely missed. good luck with this pregnancy!
Congratulations to you and thank you for sharing from your heart. Reading your honest thoughts and feelings has blessed me. Looking forward to seeing you and meeting your precious little ones.
Heather-I missed this completely!! I have been away from the blog world for awhile, and I can't believe the news!! So happy for you two. Especially knowing how difficult conceiving has been. What a blessing from the Lord! My first two are 16 months apart and are the closest of friends. You can do it... it may seem like a blur when you look back and you'll wonder how you managed... but God will give you everything you need. Congratulations!! ~Jackie
Post a Comment