Friday, June 24, 2011

This is my favorite stage....really?!?!!?!?!?!?

I cannot tell you how many people stop us and say "Oh goodness he is just so cute, how old is he? 10 months?"
Chris or I will respond "He is 7 months old"
The person talking to us replies "Oh isn't he a big boy.  This was always my favorite age. Six months to a year."
In my head, I say really?!?!?!?!?!?

The teething, his frustration because he is not mobile yet, not being able to communicate what he is feeling, diapers, fighting naps because he does not feel well and sleepless nights. This is your favorite stage?

Do not get me wrong, I love Nash to pieces but I am really struggling right now.  Maybe it has to do with trying to juggle a full time job,  taking care of Nash, being pregnant, closing on a house, supporting a husband in his dream that causes more headaches than smiles or the HEAT! Who knows, but I have to say this is not one of my favorite stages!  One thing I do know...."I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Phil. 4:13 and I just need to keep repeating that in my head.

3 comments:

The Yarbrough's said...

Ship baby Nash to NC to me for a few days. I would loveee to watch him!!!!!! :)

Lindsay said...

Hang in there girly...THIS TOO shall pass! :)

Divo said...

Nope - not my favorite stage either, but the sweet baby-ness keeps you going despite the spit-up, the nighttime waking, and the teething. I particularly love 18+ months where their little personalities shine through, talking begins, and kids (mostly) sleep through the night!