Tuesday, July 6, 2010

4th of July Weekend

We spent the 4th of July in Indianapolis, IN. Chris had a game on the 4th and then a double header on the 5th so I decided to travel with him. Indy is only 2 hours from our house and we carpooled with another couple from the team, which made it even better!

Downtown Indianapolis is such a cute town. It reminds me a lot of Oklahoma City. They have a man made river that runs through part of town and you can rent paddle boats and bikes and other fun things.
Then the town is also home to NCAA headquarters, which was really cool for me. Especially since Chris and I both did college sports! My friend Staci Sutton and I went in and toured the Hall of Champions. How cool it was to see all the colleges and all the sports represented.

This was outside the Hall of Champions

Sorry for the blurriness but they had a sign for Coach Wooden


Staci playing in the simulated Basketball area
Baseball Player
Gymnast

That night we got ready for the game and the 4th. It was so hot and sharing a stadium with 15,327 other people did not sound that wonderful to Staci and I, so we watched part of the game from Chris and my hotel room. That is right this is the view from our hotel.

When it cooled down to a cool 90, we headed down to the field and there were people all over downtown. It was sooo cool. They were sitting with their lawn chairs and blankets on the river waiting for the fireworks. Brought back memories from when my parents and grandparents and us kids would watch the fireworks on the river in Tulsa!

Chris at the game on the 4th

After the game, the Suttons and us went out to eat at the Capital Grille for a great steak dinner. When we got back to the hotel room, this was the site I saw when I looked down. Oh yes my feet and legs were swollen from the heat and being on them all day!

Hope everyone had a great 4th!!!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

I'm glad you made it to the canal! How fun!